Work Sheet 14
Nucleotides: Composition and Structure
1. List the types and principal functions of the nucleic acids.
2. Draw the pyrimidine and purine bases.
3. List the principal chemical building blocks the comprise ribonucleosides, ribonucleotides and draw ATP.
4. Describe the secondary structures of DNA and RNA.
5. List the ways that DNA and RNA can be cleaved or degraded.
6. Define the following terms: double-helix, antiparallel, complementarity, groove, Tm, hyperchromic shift, hybridization.
© Sturm 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of California State University, Dominguez Hills faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of these pages has not been reviewed or approved by California State University, Dominguez Hills.