Work Sheet 17
DNA Mutation and Repair
1. Define the following mutations: point, silent, missense, nonsense and frameshift.
2. Define the terms transition and transversion.
3. Describe what is meant by a conservative and nonconservative mutation.
4. List four major ways that DNA can be damaged or mutated.
5. Outline the major steps of mismatch , nucleotide excision and recombination repair.
6. Outline the pathway by which p53 is believed to regulate DNA repair.
7. List four diseases that are attributed to defects in DNA repair.
© Sturm 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of California State University, Dominguez Hills faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of these pages has not been reviewed or approved by California State University, Dominguez Hills.