Work Sheet 18
RNA Synthesis and Processing
1. List the various types of RNA polymerases and their subunit compositions.
2. State the effects of a amanitin and rifampicin on transcription.
3. List the three phases of transcription and briefly describe the key aspects of each phase.
4. Define the function of a promoter, list the major characteristics of prokaryotic promoter, RNA polymerase I, RNA polymerase II, and RNA polymerase III promoters.
5. List the major types of initiation factors required for prokaryotic and eukaryotic transcription.
6.List the major steps in the processing of hnRNA, precursor rRNA and precursor tRNA.
© Sturm 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of California State University, Dominguez Hills faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of these pages has not been reviewed or approved by California State University, Dominguez Hills.