Work Sheet 20
Introduction to Metabolism
1. Define anabolism, catabolism, committed step, rate-limiting step and steady- state.
2. Explain the general types of metabolic regulation.
3. List the three energy storage forms and the five primary circulating fuels.
4. Identify where specific biochemical processes occur in the cell.
Thermodynamics in Metabolism
1. List the general features and functions of ATP.
2. Define high energy phosphate transfer potential and identify ATP, phosphocreatine , 1,3-bisphosphoglycerate and phosphoenolpyruvate as high energy phosphorylated compounds.
3. Identify the various electron carriers.
4. Describe the significance of the adenylate kinase reaction in metabolic regulation.
© Sturm 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of California State University, Dominguez Hills faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of these pages has not been reviewed or approved by California State University, Dominguez Hills.